Monday, February 23, 2009

My Little Girl ... Not So Little Anymore


My daughter Hanah is six years old. She will be seven in a little more than three months. This spring she'll finish her first year of school. She's reading and writing. She can add and subtract. She understands jokes that used to go over her head. She cares what her hair and clothes look like.

If all of that wasn't enough, last week Hanah lost one of her top front teeth. It had been loose for a few weeks and finally last Thursday she pulled it out herself. The other top front tooth is also loose so she'll have a really big gap in her smile sometime in the next few weeks.

All of these things make me realize just how fast she's growing up. I cannot believe she's almost seven. I don't want to miss a minute because I might miss something significant.

I feel so blessed to be her daddy and I hope I'm doing a good job. I love her so much and have such high hopes for her. But ultimately I know I have to trust God to be everything she needs because I can't. And that's the way it should be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a gr8 smile! plz post a pic when she loses the other one! i <3 when they lose 2 teeth together on the top ... they talk so funny! :-) just a few more years and u'll b caught in the "boy" phase and dating and friends and wanting the 'rents outta the picture more often than in it ... we're there now w/our 14yo, but i'm kinda diggin' it ... watching our little girl grow into a young lady ... hanah is certainly blessed 2 have u as her earthly father and even more blessed that u and katie introduced her 2 her heavenly father.
u go dan! :-)

Kimberly said...

Dan,

You are a great daddy!! You and Katie have given her good values and a love for God!!!! Awesome.
Miss you & love you

Your sis
Kim