Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Running ... again

I'm not sure if you remember or not, but I spent most of last summer running.

In fact, I ran 195.5 training miles and a half marathon.

I still can't believe it!

Well, shortly after the big race was done I quit running. I ran a handful of times over the winter and spring, but nothing like what I did last summer.

Monday morning, though, I got back on the road. I did 3 miles while the sun was rising and it felt great. Seriously, it did. It doesn't feel so great today because I'm really sore, but it's a good soreness.

Anyway, I'm a runner once again and look forward to spending many mornings this summer pounding the pavement.

I'm looking for a good, fun 10K or 5K race to run sometime in late July or early August. Anybody know of one?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan,

I've been following your blog off and on and I noted that you wanted some 5K's around the area. Here in St. Joseph, MI -- the venetian festival is mid/late July (16-19) -- don't know if that qualifies for you -- but here's the link. Good luck!
http://www.venetian.org/run.html

Melanie Conley

Anonymous said...

Dan,

The Wawasee Flotilla Road Race is fun, its 7/4 at 8 a.m. in Syracuse, and you can choose either the 8-mile or 3.3-mile run.

Also in Goshen on 7/19 at 1:20 p.m., the Elkhart Co. Parade 5K. I personally have never done that one....

Jill