Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What to do this summer

I'm not big on to-do lists, but I understand the value of them.

If I've got a physical list of items to check off, I'm much more likely to get them done than if I just keep a mental list going in my head.

With that in mind, here's some of the stuff that I want to accomplish this summer (in no particular order):

- Finish the upstairs of my house. Although we're moved in, we still have a lot of the finishing touches to complete. For example, Katie and I don't even have a door on our bedroom yet. There's a ton of trim work and probably some more painting to do in order for everything to look the way it is supposed to look.

- Put up a privacy fence. A week ago this item would have also included installing a new patio. However, my friend Marty and I started working on that last week so it will be done by the end of the week. As far as the privacy fence, I know I talked about getting to know my new neighbors, but I've always heard that tall fences make good neighbors.

- Run. I really want to get back into running. Unfortunately, I stepped on a nail a week and a half ago and my foot is in no shape to run. Hopefully, it will heal quickly because I'm ready to run and that feeling doesn't usually last very long!

- Camp. This has two meanings for me. First, I am going to NMC Senior High Camp for the second year in a row and I cannot wait. I am so excited to spend time with the students and other leaders from our church. It's just an amazing time away. Second, I want to go camping with my family. Our kids have camped out twice, but both times were in our own yard. This summer, I want to go somewhere away from home to camp out.

- Fellowship. I love spending time with good friends and I hope to find time doing that this summer. Good times of fellowship energize me like nothing else. So, if you want to stop by and help me accomplish this goal, feel free!

No comments: