Saturday, October 9, 2010

6 Years Old!

This is what my son David looked like on his 5th birthday, one year ago from today:


And this is what he looks like now:



Just looking at those pictures blows my mind. I cannot believe he is 6 years old!

David is one of the most amazing blessings I've ever received in my life. He is the best buddy I have (my daughter Hanah and my wife Katie are just as close, but the word buddy is reserved for boys). David is so much fun to have around. He can't pass up the chance to make someone laugh. He also can't pass up the chance to sneak in a sucker punch (we're working on that one).

The changes in David over the past year are incredible. He has really grown up, physically and emotionally, over the last 365 days. Since this time last year, David has become a really good helper, whether it's just cleaning things up around the house or big projects. He and Hanah pulled up nearly half of the carpet in our living room all by themselves.

David has also started school. He's already learning to read and write.

David is nearly as passionate about the Green Bay Packers as I am and he's ready to start playing organized sports with basketball this winter.

I am so thankful to God for giving David to me and for considering me worthy of being his daddy.

I love you Buster! Happy Birthday!

No comments: