Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Am I a loser?

192.8

When I looked down at the scale this morning, that is what I saw.
That's pretty disappointing. Not because I'm terribly overweight, but because it's more than I thought it would be.
I was telling some people this weekend that I thought I should weigh about 180 pounds. I'm 6'1" and in college I hovered around 170. So, I figure 180 should be a pretty good weight for me, as long as it's not a flabby 180.
When I was talking about losing weight, I thought I would need to lose about 10 pounds to get down to 180. So, that's why it's disappointing. Now, I've got to lose 12.8 pounds.
It may not seem like much, but I've never even tried to lose weight before so I know it's going to be tough. I'm going to try my hardest to stop drinking soda of any kind. I'm also going to try to exercise at least 3 times per week.
So, am I a loser? I hope so.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

It's because we're getting older! I wish I had the metabolism of a 25 year old. The YMCAs in Wichita are stellar, but I haven't made it to one yet. I would like to lose at least five pounds. I go through phases of trying to eat better. Last week I drank Diet Pepsi a couple days, but then I went back to the Dew. :-(