Thursday, October 4, 2007

Regeneration


"We are not going to tell a generation to go to hell. We're going to tell them they can have the Kingdom here and now."
That's what my pastor, Dave Engbrecht, said during a recent meeting I was in discussing the upcoming Global Impact emphasis at Nappanee Missionary Church.
Have I ever told you how much I love my church? Man, I am so glad to be attending and working at NMC. I love the heart my church has for people of other nations.
Every year, NMC devotes a certain month (or week) to emphasize the things we're doing around the world to minister to people in need. There's a new twist this year, though. Our focus is not going to be geographic. It's going to be demographic and we're calling it "regeneration."
We're targeting anyone 20 and younger. We want to tell that generation we believe in them, we love them and we want them to have eternal life.
I run sound during the junior high gatherings on Wednesday nights and I love those kids. Yes, they can be annoying, frustrating and perplexing, but once you get past all that there is an incredible amount of potential. They're creative, energetic, bold and just dying for something to get excited about.
I'll try to post more about this whole idea of regeneration as we move forward. Please pray for anyone you know who is 20 or younger. They need your suport!

No comments: