Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What a Weekend

As mentioned in my half marathon training log, my weekend started at 9 p.m. Friday night with the first of three softball games that ended at 3:30 a.m. Saturday morning. I got home at 4 a.m. and slept until 9, then took a nap from 11-12.

The rest of Saturday was spent swimming and playing with the kids, eating dinner at the Syracuse drive-in (mmm, frosty mug root beer) and ice cream at Joe's (mmm, peanut butter cup).

Sunday was another big day because I had planned a surprise birthday party for my wife, Katie, who turned 30 on Monday. Despite several glitches in the plan - and a few text messages that could have ruined things if Katie had seen them - the surprise worked and Katie was shocked.

Katie has some pretty incredible friends and they played the biggest part in her party. Mindy Graverson, Janelle Prenkert and Leslie Yoder all pitched in - recruited some additional help just before the party started - and pulled off a great party for Katie. We enjoyed all kinds of good food, cake and ice cream, a pinata, volleyball and fireworks.

To top it all off, Katie and I drove to Chicago on Monday. Her biggest birthday wish was some shopping at Lululemon - a store that sells athletic apparel that fits tall women. We got some Jamba Juice, shopped and ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.

It was a full, fun weekend and I completely enjoyed all of it - especially celebrating my wife. She's an amazing woman and it was fun to make a big deal out of her.

Here's some pictures from the party:

No comments: