Friday, September 25, 2009

NFL Pick 'Em Week 3


Didn't do so well last week (8-8) but still in sixth place, only three games back. So, here's why I picked the way I did this week:

Detroit over Washington: This is me out on a limb. Last week I said the Lions would have to win a game before I picked them, but I didn't know how badly the Redskins would start. Since it's in Detroit I'm going to say Detroit ends its losing streak.

Green Bay over St. Louis: I think I've made it clear that I'm a Packers fan, but even if I wasn't, I'd still pick the Packers this week because the Rams are really bad. Also, losing to two bad teams in a row is just more than I could handle as a Packers fan.

Minnesota over San Francisco: I still am not sold on the Vikings, but it's hard to pick against Brett Favre winning his first home game with Minnesota. I would not be surprised, however, if the 49ers come in and shut the Vikings down.

New England over Atlanta: I still live in a world where the Patriots don't lose two games in a row. Maybe I'm living in the past.

Tennessee over NY Jets: I still cannot believe the Titans are 0-2 and cannot pick them to go 0-3. Logic tells me the Jets are going to win, but my gut tells me this is a letdown for the Jets after beating the Patriots last week.

Philly over Kansas City: Good team vs. bad team - simple as that.

NY Giants over Tampa Bay: The Buccaneers start Byron Leftwich at QB. Need I say more?

Baltimore over Cleveland: I love the Ravens! They have a really good defense, a strong offense and they're playing against a team that has neither of those.

Houston over Jacksonville: Watching Houston against Tennessee last week was really fun (especially since I have Chris Johnson and Andre Johnson on the same fantasy team). I was very impressed with the Texans' passing game. And that Mario Williams guy at defensive end is turning out to be a pretty wise decision as the No. 1 pick in his draft (over Reggie Bush).

New Orleans over Buffalo: The Saints just score too many points. I don't think I can name one defensive player for the Saints.

Chicago over Seattle: Does beating Pittsburgh make the Bears for real? I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure a Seneca Wallace-led Seahawks team isn't good enough to beat them. By the way, how about that Johnny Knox kid?

San Diego over Miami: Unless the Wildcat gets 'em!

Pittsburgh over Cincinnati: NO WAY the Bengals win two in a row and the Steelers lose two in a row!

Oakland over Denver: I don't believe in the Broncos. I don't believe in the Raiders either, but somebody's got to win.

Indianapolis over Arizona: This is going to be a really fun Sunday night game! With all the passing that is sure to happen, it might be a really long game too. Fantasy-wise, I need big games from Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin and Tim Hightower ... reality-wise, it's probably not going to happen.

Dallas over Carolina: Am I the only one who is starting to turn against the Cowboys? Still, I cannot pick a team starting Jake Delhomme at QB!

No comments: