Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Crazy weekend (old guy style)

Now I realize this won't be considered crazy by most people. But, for me, it was a wild 4 days.
Here are some of the things I'll remember from Memorial Day weekend 2007:

Playing Dance Dance Revolution for the first time.








Watching my daughter reel in 3 fish with her pink Barbie fishing pole.








Breaking my iPod while mowing the lawn.









Watching Stranger than Fiction with my wife.







A surprise visit from my father-in-law and his 3 kids at church.

Eating too many pancakes after church.



My grandmother's viewing.

Catching up with relatives I haven't seen in a long time.

Eating country fried steak at Cracker Barrel at 9:30 PM with those same relatives.



Sleeping in because the kids spent the night at Grandma's house.

Waking up at 8 and wondering why I can't sleep in anymore.






Picking up the kids and then going to the hospital where my wife's grandma was having a heart attack.

Praying with relatives from my wife's side while waiting for her grandma's prognosis.

Mowing until dark.

My grandmother's funeral.

More time spent with my relatives.

Finally relaxing at home with my wife and kids.

In all, we spent nearly 10 hours in the car this weekend, but more time with family. What a blessing to have a family that cares about each other. God is good.

No comments: