Thursday, May 17, 2007

My life

I've seen other people post lists what they're reading, listening to, watching, etc. So, I figured I'd join in and give you a glimpse of my interests. I don't watch much TV, so I'm not going to list anything that I'm watching. But I love to listen to music and read, so I'll give you a few items in each category.



I'm currently reading Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell. His book, Sex God, is the last book I read. What's interesting to me about his books is that he can write the way he speaks and it works. Most people have to write totally differently than they speak for it to work as a compelling read. Bell is also a very unique thinker. The perspective he gives on very practical topics is encouraging and challenging.



Some other books I've read recently include Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster, Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller and Financial Peace Revisited by Dave Ramsey.




My current favorite musician is Jack Johnson. I realize I discovered Johnson later than most people, but, man, his music is great! It sort of makes me feel like I'm on a vacation every time I listen. The only album I have of his is In Between Dreams, but his other stuff may be an upcoming purchase.






I'm also digging an album by Shawn McDonald called Ripen. His style is pretty unique, in my opinion. He's got a very soulful voice and sound, but he's got a bit of funk in there as well.

Other favorites of mine right now include Switchfoot's Oh! Gravity and Nothing is Sound.

So, there it is - my first reading/listening list. Maybe if you don't know me well, this will help you understand me a little better.

No comments: