Friday, December 21, 2007

Reading/Listening/Watching-Playing

Time for an update on what I've been reading, listening to and watching-playing. Read on and you'll see why I combined watching and playing.

READING
I'm still working on Made to Stick by the Heath brothers. It's a great book and completely interests me, I just haven't found much time to digest it lately. Hopefully that will change soon! I've got a few others I'm looking forward to starting

LISTENING
Thanks to a link I found on Tony Morgan's blog a long time ago, I found SpiralFrog. It's a site where you can download music for free, but you can't burn it to a CD or sync it to your iPod. You also have to sign up for a 30-day membership which you can renew as many times as you want. So, if you listen to music while you're at your computer it's a pretty cool site. The selection is nowhere near as good as iTunes, but you can't beat free! My latest download is the Counting Crows' Greatest Hits ... classics!

WATCHING-PLAYING
The only thing I've been watching lately is NFL football. I love it now more than ever and the reason is simple: I'm playing in three fantasy football leagues so almost every game means something to me. By the way, I made the playoffs in all three leagues. I'm in two championship games and one semifinal this week. In one league, I was the last team to make the playoffs as the No. 6 seed and I upset the No. 3 and No. 1 seeds to make it to the final game. I'll let you know how I finish in all three leagues and hand out some postseason awards soon. For now, here's a guy who stands a pretty good chance of getting one of my awards ...


No comments: