Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Back to Blogging

It has obviously been a while since my last post, and most of you know why. For those that don't know, it's because I went on vacation June 5-17 to Southern California.

Man, what a great vacation! We were gone for 12 days but it went by incredibly quickly and much of it is still a blur in my mind.

This was the third vacation we've taken as a family and the second time we've all flown together. It was my 6th or 7th time in California but the first for Katie, Hanah and David.

Some of the highlights from our time in San Diego, Ramona and Los Angeles:

* Obviously, seeing friends and family, including my paternal grandparents, my dad's half-brother and sister and their families, and my good friend Chuck Fry and his girlfriend, Crystal.
* Going to the San Diego Zoo, Sea World and a Padres game.
* Going to the U.S. Open with my dad and seeing Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson play live.
* Spending Father's Day with my dad and his dad - I don't think that's ever happened before.
* Eating swordfish and calamari for the first time - and enjoying both!
* Taking my wife and kids to the Pacific Ocean for the first time.
* Seeing the Santa Monica Pier, the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the Hollywood sign.
* Eating dinner in clear view of the San Diego Harbor.

I'd love to give you a Top 10 or Top 5 list of vacation happenings, but so many of them were so enjoyable that it would be almost impossible to pick my favorites.

It would also be almost impossible for you to look through the 800+ pictures I took during our trip, so I've narrowed it down to 137 and I hope you enjoy them!

I'm glad to be back home and blogging again. Get ready for my second annual summer resolutions, coming soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME WEISS FAMILY! Glad to see you're back to the blog! Awesome pictures (minus the green snake), looks like you had a great time!

Jill