Monday, June 30, 2008

Nervous + Excited

While I am very nervous about putting myself through the rigors of training for a half marathon, I'm also very excited to get started because I know it's going to be great for my health. I know I'll feel much better and will have much more energy.

A few people have asked where we got our training plan. My wife found it online here.

Below you'll see my training plan, which is based on the one above, just modified a bit to fit our dates and to keep from doing our long runs on Sundays. That's just a personal preference, plus it makes most Saturdays rest days - which works out well to do things with the family.

(You probably won't be able to read the plan very well on this page, so click here and you can get the full-size image)

Tonight is the first step in my training. According to the plan, it's a Stretch & Strengthen day, so Katie and I are going to try yoga. It will be my first time doing yoga and I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow!

* After talking with Katie, we made some changes to the training plan. The new version is above and at the flickr link above.

No comments: