Friday, June 20, 2008

More Vacation Moments

The more I look back on our time in California, the more I realize the significance of the moments we had out there.

So, here are 3 things that I thought I'd share with you and, hopefully, you'll find some of them interesting.


SHE Made It Great

I've bragged about my wife on this blog before, so don't act like you didn't know this was coming. Ever since we've been married (8 years) we have thoroughly enjoyed our vacations together. We've been fortunate enough to be able to visit some pretty spectacular places (Key West, FL; Winter Park, CO; New Smyrna, FL; San Diego, CA) and each one has been a thrill, but not because of the location. The memories we cherish from those trips are of our time together. We've been in all those places together - some were just Katie and me and some were all four of us - and that's what makes vacation special to me.

The reason I say she made it great is because my wife is the queen of having fun. No matter where we go, she will look for ways to get the most fun out of it. She has a number of techniques to accomplish her mission, but they all get the job done.

Beyond the fun she brings, there's just something about being with Katie that makes special moments even more special - more memorable. So, it was a great privilege to get to be with her during her first trip to California. Watching her discover new things is so much fun for me.

I'm thankful to have had my best friend with me in California.



A Seat With a View
This is sarcasm. As you can see, my view at Petco Park consisted of the corner of right field. Fortunately, there were empty seats around us and we could move over - but not far enough to be able to see left field. The bright side was that the kids had a huge sandpit to play in during the game. They just weren't all that excited about what was going on on the field.

The game was fun, despite the seats. We got to see Jake Peavey pitch. Katie and I missed the most exciting part of the game, however, as we volunteered to get everyone snacks and the Padres hit a pair of home runs while we were at the concession stand.

Oh well, at least the hot dogs were tasty - and they were 2-for-1 that day!


He's a Big Boy Now!
We reached a milestone in my son's life during vacation. When we got ready for bed on our first night in California, we realized we forgot to pack diapers for David. He is potty trained but had still been wearing a diaper at night because he doesn't always wake up when he has to go.

So, we made sure he hit the bathroom before bed and took our chances. After only 1 wet bed in 15 days, we don't need to buy diapers anymore! Now, if gas prices would come down!

In the picture above, David is wearing his new hat he got in California. The day he got it he actually wore it to bed and somehow it stayed on him the whole night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a precious picture of your little guy!