Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Random Things

Since joining Facebook, my blogging frequency has dropped considerably. Realizing that, I'm trying to find ways to combine the two platforms and the easiest way I can think of is to post some things both places.

Recently, Jill Helfrich tagged me on Facebook in her note, "25 Random Things." I'll post my response here and on my Facebook page. To find out who I tag, you'll have to check out Facebook. If you haven't joined Facebook yet, you should really consider it - it's a great way to keep in touch with people you don't see very often.

25 Random Things:
Rules:
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1. My wife is taller than me ... barely
2. My wife was an All-American college volleyball player
3. I played one semester of junior varsity college basketball
4. I was not an All-American
5. I used to be able to dunk a volleyball with ease
6. I used to be able to speak Spanish somewhat proficiently
7. I am going to Mexico at the end of February on a mission trip
8. It will be my second mission trip to Mexico, and my third overall
9. The only time I have been overseas was on a mission trip to Jamaica
10. I have flown over the ocean several other times
11. I have been to the Grand Canyon, The Painted Desert, The Petrified Forest, Yellowstone National Park, Sequoia National Park and Yosemite National Park - all in one vacation
12. I was the Editor-in-Chief of my college newspaper for one semester
13. I have been published in seven different newspapers
*EDIT: Actually, 8 newspapers - I forgot about one from way back
14. I once stood on a football field just a few feet away from Brett Favre
15. I once sat on a basketball court just a few feet away from Carmelo Anthony
16. I crashed my parents' pickup truck three times in my first year of driving
17. I haven't been in an accident since then (I don't count hitting a deer as an accident)
18. I have broken only one bone in my life
19. I have twisted/rolled/sprained both my ankles too many times to count
20. I held a school record in the hurdles for one year
21. I hit one home run in my baseball career
22. I worked at McDonald's for three years during high school
23. I like to dip graham crackers in milk
24. I tried chewing tobacco one time and it made me throw up
25. I thought winter was awful until I discovered sledding with my kids

No comments: