Friday, January 9, 2009

NFL Predictions - Week 9

Trailing by two games with only seven games left, I need to be kind of aggressive here, so here we go:

Ravens at Titans - This one could easily be the death of me, but I had to give it a shot. I'm impressed with the Ravens, especially Ed Reed. That guy is special. I won't be surprised if the Titans win, but I'm hoping for an upset and then an AFC Title game between the Ravens and Steelers - a game that might end 3-2!

Cardinals at Panthers - I have a feeling the Cardinals had their high point last week when they beat the Falcons. I don't think they will be able to stop Carolina's run game they way they did against Atlanta. I'd also be very surprised if their passing game is as good as last week since Anquan Boldin is injured. This could end up being a really good game though.

Eagles at Giants - As much as I'd like to call for an upset here just to give myself a chance to gain some ground on Craig, I don't think it's going to happen. The Giants are GOOD. The Eagles have played well lately, but I think the Giants probably have an extra gear they can shift into for the playoffs. Look for the Giants to run the ball a lot, especially with Brandon Jacobs pounding the Eagles' defense.

Chargers at Steelers - This was also a tough one for me to not pick an upset. I think the matchup is pretty good for the Chargers, but the Steelers are too good on defense to let this one slip away.

No comments: