Friday, June 22, 2007

iPod-less listening

Since I broke my iPod a few weeks ago, I've had to use CDs again. I have a 30-minute commute to work, so I have plenty of time to listen to music. Though, the morning drive is usually spent with Mike & Mike.
Today I pulled an oldie out of my CD book. It's one I haven't listened to in a great long while. I actually forgot about how much I liked it when I used to listen to it a lot.
Any Poor Old Lu fans out there will quickly recogize the name Aaron Sprinkle. I only have one of his albums, which I think is his first solo effort. Moontraveler was released in July of 1999, shortly after I graduated from college. I probably paid between $12-15 for it that summer. Now you can get it for as little as $1.09 on Amazon!
This is definitely one of myfavorite oldies. It's kind of a unique sound - sort of melancholy, but not depressing.
I want to thank Jeff Simpson for reminding me how good some of the music from the '90s was. He'd probably like Moontraveler.

2 comments:

derryprenkert said...

I really am a jerk, aren't I?
My bad!

Jeffrey Simpson said...

I'm honored to be mentioned on your site.