Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What's so great about September?

I can't tell you how excited I am for September!

I'm not trying to discount the merits of July and August, but there is so much great stuff coming up in September that I'm very anxious for it to get here.

September is always a big month for my family, but this year it's going to be even bigger.

First off, there are three yearly celebrations taking place in September: My parents' anniversary (this year is their 35th - that's worth another post), My mom's birthday and my birthday.

Then, there is actually another event this year on my birthday: My cousin's wedding in Indianapolis. So, we'll be in Indy for the weekend with my family. It should be a great time.

The most anticipated event of this September, for me anyways, is MinistryCOM 2007.

This is an annual Church Communications Conference and this year it's in Nashville from September 12-14. It will be my first year attending this conference. Of course, before this year there would have been no reason for me to attend.

Not only am I thrilled to be attending and getting all kinds of helpful information stuffed into my head during those two days, but it will also be the first time my wife and I will be going away from the kids for more than 1 night. It's our first trip since we've had kids and I am so excited. We're only going to have 2 nights together in Nashville, but it is going to be awesome no matter what we do.

I know it's going to be a fun few days just because I'll be there with my wife, but today I received something that makes me think the conference itself is going to be pretty entertaining, too!



Juggle balls!

No comments: