Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Goodbye, old friend

It is a sad day for me. I'm dealing with the loss of a true friend.


Last night my wife and I decided to take some time off.


My life won't be the same for at least a month and a half.


Are you worried about me yet?


Don't be, I'm simply referring to a pact between my wife and I to start a 40-day break from sweets. We've both been hitting the sugar pretty hard lately and the sugar has been hitting our bodies even harder. Neither of us is terribly overweight, but we're heading in that direction.


So, today I'm mourning the loss of my trusty companion, Mountain Dew.
We decided soda qualifies as a sweet because of the amount of sugar in it. However, we somehow decided sweetened tea is OK. Not sure what our logic was on that one.


I'll keep you posted on any symptoms of withdrawal!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Ouch. What about diet Mountain Dew? Did you at least have a Mardi-Gras style sugar binge to send you off?

Actually, I've been thinking the same thing lately. If you would like additional company to help ease the loneliness (and add additional accountability), I am open to taking that plunge. I might even be able to convince Nancy...