Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Personal Touch

I continue to be fascinated by the things I'm learning through blogging. I'm still a baby blogger, so I know there's a whole lot I don't know yet, but the past couple months have been fun!
I really enjoy Jim Stump's series, Tuesday's Blog on Blogging. I like it so much that I'm going to use this post as a Blog on Blogging. I won't, however, be starting a similar series (at least not yet).

I recently signed up for a Google Reader account and I love it. Well, I mostly love it.
I have about 20 blogs I try to keep up with and it has saved me a ton of time each day.
The only drawback is that I usually just read new items within Google Reader and never actually visit the blogs. This bothers me for 2 reasons. First, if the blog has some sort of statcounter, I don't know if my "visits" count. Second, I don't get to see any updates people make to their blogs.
As a designer, the way a person makes his/her blog look is almost as important to me as what he/she has to say.
So, I don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe I'll just click to the blog from Reader. It's only one extra click, right?

1 comment:

Dan said...

I know exactly what you mean. I'm not sure there is a better solution than visiting the blogs themselves. You could at least save time by seeing who has new posts with an RSS feed. What is it about immersing ourselves visually in the mini-world the blog creator has formed that better connects us to them?