Saturday, July 14, 2007

Mr. Mom - Part 1


Well, I'm about a day and a half into the 5 days alone with the kids, and things are going great. Seriously. No, I mean it!

Anyway, day one went smoothly. We dropped off my wife at 8 a.m. and went straight to a park. We played for about an hour and a half then went to a local store and found some new shoes (see picture above).

We got home in time for lunch and then put the little guy down for a nap. Then it was time to go to the Yoders for some swimming, but it didn't turn out to be a very good swimming day. Kind of cool and windy.

After a few hours of down time (kids playing on their own while I tried to stay awake), we got dinner ready and then dropped the kids off at the Yoders.

I headed to the softball game, which we won, and then picked the kiddos back up. Bedtime was a cinch (you've just got to wear them out during the day) except for a little whining about wanting Mommy.

Today is going well, too. We made another trip to a park and then I used up my one meal at McDonald's for the week. Another nap has just ended, so now the kids are ready to roll.

I've already got a greater appreciation for what my wife does every day. And if that's the only thing I learn or accomplish from this time, I think it's valuable. But, I hope much more comes of these next 3 1/2 days.

I do feel like the kids are learning that Dad is pretty good at comforting them when they need it, and that I can keep the house running, even if it's not a smoothly as Mommy!

I'll try to post more either tonight or tomorrow night. Keep praying for us!

No comments: