Thursday, February 21, 2008

Let the countdown begin

I don't know if you noticed or not, but I've got a new countdown going over on the right. We're inside of a month until the greatest sporting event on earth!

I haven't followed college basketball nearly as much this season as I normally do, but I still cannot wait for the NCAA Tournament to begin.

The first four days of the NCAA Tournament are unlike any other sports event because you've got 48 games that are all significant. You've got upsets, blowouts, nailbiters and heartbreakers. You've got buzzer-beaters, bloopers and historic performances - all in those first four days, and the tournament isn't even over yet!

I love the NCAA Tournament so much that I told my wife I was thinking about taking some vacation time so I could be at home enjoying it on my new TV! She shook her head at me.

In college, I had a friend who spent almost all day, every day of the tournament in our room laying on the couch, just taking it all in. His grades weren't too good that semester.

I love filling out the brackets, whether it's part of a pool or just for my own amusement. My family, all four of us, each filled out a bracket last year. Sadly, my wife won the family pool. This year, I'm looking for revenge.

The NCAA Tournament is one of those things that unites people in the office, or at family gatherings. It seems even non-sports enthusiasts can get excited about it.

I think this calls for a poll. Now, I can't offer enough options for you to pick which team you think will win, so I'm going to offer several options for you to pick which conference you think the champion will come from. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Dan said...

It's one thing to lose to your wife, but another things to lose to your 4 month old baby. Sophie actually won our 40 person office pool last year. Seriously.