Thursday, February 14, 2008

A New Kind of Counter

The streak is over.

Today at lunchtime Jeff and I gave up the fight and we each enjoyed a nice cold Mountain Dew with our meals at Taco Bell.

We made it 43 days and, to be fair, Jeff held out about 15 seconds longer than I did, so I guess I lost. Congratulations, Jeff.

Now the real challenge begins. Have these 43 days without Dew broken me of my bad habit? Have I gained the strength to resist overindulgence? Can I limit myself to a reasonably healthy amount of pop intake?

I hope so, because I have felt so much more healthy and have actually lost nearly 10 pounds during my time without Dew. That's not something I want to give up.

So, without further ado, I am starting a new counter at the top right of my blog. It will count down the days until I will allow myself to have another Mt. Dew, or other kind of pop. I'm going to start by allowing myself a drink only every 10 days. Is that too many, or not enough? I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks for following along. You've helped me do something potentially life-changing!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Wow. 10 pounds is awesome. I think every 10 days is fair enough. the big question is, how much Dew do you do on Dew day?