Monday, July 28, 2008

What Have You Been Doing?

I haven't been writing much lately and the only reason I can come up with is that I've been too busy. I know that's almost cliche to say, but it's true.


Most people assume summer is more laid back than the rest of the year, but it seems like my life only speeds up as the weather gets warmer. With this new training schedule, softball, wanting to spend time outside and with my family - I find myself trying to cut my hours at work to a minimum and still do a good job.

Since most of my blogging takes place during work hours (while on breaks), I have had trouble logging on and sustaining thoughts long enough to write them down.

The upside of all of this is that it has been one great summer so far. Starting with our family vacation to California, this summer is one none of us (except maybe David - he's only 3) will soon forget.

Some highlights of my summer so far:
1. California
2. 4th of July Weekend in South Haven, Mich.
3. Training for half marathon (even though it's tough, it's been fun)
4. Swimming with my kids
5. Cookouts with friends and family
6. Sweet Corn Charlie and Danny's Sports Bar Pizza

So, what have you been doing? What has consumed your time this summer?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Dan! We've missed your posts.
Glad you are having such a great summer!
We understand that you don't have time to blog about it. :)
Keep making the most of every moment.