Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Summer Resolutions

Yes, I know summer started more than 3 weeks ago, but I've been awfully busy since then and, quite honestly, forgot about laying down some summer resolutions.

Better late than never, right? Here it goes ...

1. Every time I've posted resolutions in the past I've noted a need to get into better shape through exercise. Well, if you've been reading the blog lately you know I've actually started training for a half marathon. So this time the resolution is to stick with the training, run the race and keep running as a way of life - not just as a season of training.

2. Eat sweet corn, drink sweet tea and enjoy cookouts with my family.

3. Get out of debt. I haven't talked much (or at all) about this on the blog, but we have been working on freeing ourselves from debt for quite a while now. We are close enough that if we work really hard we could finish it up by the end of the summer.

4. Become the husband and father God wants me to be and my wife and children need me to be. I know that's pretty vague for most of you, but my wife, God and I know what it means!

5. Find a mentor and someone who I can be a mentor to. I've got some ideas, but we will have to see where God leads.

That's what I want to accomplish this summer -I'll try to keep you updated as the summer goes on.

No comments: