Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Curveball

After the overwhelming response (ouch) to my plea for advice on the next book to read I've decided to take a different approach.

I've chosen a work of fiction to tackle next.

Since I don't currently own any of the books I listed as possibilities, I'm going to have to wait until I get some cash to buy anything. Plus, I'm going to MinistryCOM Sept. 12-14 and I'm thinking that will be a good place to get advice on which books to soak in.

I figured in the meantime, I'd find a book to just enjoy.

My wife has been recommending Ted Dekker books for the past few years, but I've always found a reason not to read any of them. I know he's a pretty popular Christian fiction writer, so I found my wife's copy of Showdown and read through one chapter. Well, it was so bizarre that I kept going and now I'm 5 chapters in and eagerly anticipating what's next.

So, for all of you who took the time (thanks, Dan) to offer some advice, I'll revisit it in mid-September!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get connected to SHOWDOWN. But thr3e - now there's a novel! Or BLINK - an exloration of anotehr (supernatural) dimension. Enjoy!!