Thursday, December 11, 2008

NFL Predictions - Week 5

I'm up by two games on Craig, trailed closely by Derry and Dan. So, it would be nice to have a good week to create some distance. We'll see.

Here's the NFL Week 15 picks, Week 5 in the challenge:

Saints at Bears - This pick is mostly because I'd like to see the Bears win their division. I think they have the best shot of any team from the NFC North at winning a playoff game, though that would probably be as far as they get. Plus it might help Matt Forte's chances of winning Rookie of the Year. Has he been great or what?

Bucs at Falcons - I don't think Tampa Bay will lose two weeks in a row, but wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons pull it off. Tough pick.

Redskins at Bengals - Does anybody care about this game? Maybe college seniors entering next year's draft.

Lions at Colts - Another highly-watched game by 2009 draft entrants. On the other side, the Colts have won six in a row and should pretty easily earn a wild card spot.

Chargers at Chiefs - Somehow, I can't seem to count out the Chargers in the AFC West. They're three games back right now, but should gain some ground this week. I still would like to see the Week 16 game between the Chargers and Broncos to decide the division winner.

Seahawks at Rams - Has there ever been a less interesting game?

49ers at Dolphins - I'd love to see the 49ers win their third straight, but I'd love more to see the Dolphins keep the pressure on the Jets and Patriots in the AFC East.

Bills at Jets - No way the Jets are losing three games in a row, which means they stay tied with Miami and New England.

Titans at Texans - I've heard some rumblings about an upset here. Seriously? Titans roll in this one.

Packers at Jaguars - Neither team has any shot left at the playoffs, so nothing left to play for but pride. I hope the Packers have more pride!

Vikings at Cardinals - Vikings need this one badly, but the Cardinals are good at home. Cardinals have clinched their division, but I still think they're good to let down.

Broncos at Panthers - So Carolina is for real. For some reason I really don't like them. But I also think the Broncos are bad.

Steelers at Ravens - WOW. Tough pick. The score of this game might be 3-2.

Patriots at Raiders - This could be a very tough game for New England to win. Or it could be a blowout.

Giants at Cowboys - No way the Giants lose two in a row.

Browns at Eagles - Combined with the Cowboys' loss to the Giants, this makes things really interesting for a wild card spot.

No comments: