Monday, December 29, 2008

Presenting ...

Mr. and Mrs. Craig Helfrich!


My buddy Craig married the woman of his dreams this past weekend. Her name used to be Jill Bause, but now it's Jill Helfrich. I was blessed to be part of the wedding party and had a great time. The best part of the weekend, for me, was spending time with Craig and our friend Marty Graverson and getting to know two of Craig's other friends who live out of town now. They are great guys and I can see why Craig cherishes their friendship.

We had a nice dinner at Amish Acres Friday night before the rehearsal. After the rehearsal we played basketball for a few hours, which was a great time. The wedding went smooth and was very fun for me because I see weddings in a whole new light now that I've been married for 8 years. Plus, when you know the two people getting married are good for each other, it's hard to contain the joy you feel for them. The reception was at Elcona Country Club and was a blast. My wife and I haven't danced that much since we got married. In fact, I woke up sore the next morning!

So, I want to congratulate Craig and Jill. I can't wait to watch your friendship and marriage grow over the years!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dan....was so touched by this post! We look forward to you and Katie walking life's journey with us!

Jill