Thursday, May 15, 2008

One Year

I've officially made it to my one-year blog anniversary (or is it blog birthday?).

With this being the 209th post, I'm averaging a little more than one post every two days. Although, if you look at my posting in 2008 alone I'm averaging nearly one post a day.

It has been a lot of fun and I believe I've accomplished my two goals I had in mind when I started this thing:

it's an outlet for me. And, hopefully, I'll get some feedback I wouldn't
with a traditional journal

for now, the theme of this blog will be my experiences in Learning to
Serve. There will surely be posts off that subject, but I want to share what I'm
learning, being shaped into and ultimately becoming (as well as the bumps,
bruises, cuts and healing that come along with it).

There have been times when I've considered changing the name of my blog because I didn't feel like I was sharing enough about serving. Maybe I just wasn't learning enough to share! Either way, I decided to stick with the title because I still want that to be a big part of what I write about.

The other goal - having an outlet and getting feedback - has been incredible. In a matter of days I had reconnected with some old friends who still read and comment on my blog. And now, there are several who regularly comment and give me valuable feedback. I really appreciate that.

This blog gave me a place to write about my grandmother's death, my parents, my wife, my kids, my friends, my eating habits and even my facial hair!

Thank you for reading and please keep doing so! I'm having a great time with this and I hope you are too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it's blogaversary or blogversary. altho i think blorthday or blirthday is more fun to say ;-)

Rob said...

Congrats on the year, Dan...looking forward to the next one!

Anonymous said...

As a fellow christian (and hopefully parent one day), your blog has been a real encouragement, inspiration, and godly example. God is truly using you through this blog. I enjoy your vulnerability and sharing of your heart, your sense of humor, the stories of your wife and kids, etc! Keep up the posts!