Monday, November 24, 2008

A Week of Thanksgiving


By now, you probably know that I love to take and share pictures. As i was looking at some pictures I recently took and thinking about Thanksgiving, I got an idea.

Each day this week I am going to share a picture with you and list all the things in that picture that I am thankful for. Hopefully this isn't too cheesy. If nothing else, it will be good for me to remember how blessed I am.

So, let's get started!

Today's picture is of my family on our front porch just a few weeks ago. Based on the way I'm dressed I think it was a night where I was trying to gather and burn leaves. But before I got to work, we took a few minutes to capture a memory.

The first thing in this picture that I'm thankful for is my amazing family. My wife Katie, my daughter Hanah and my son David are an incredible blessing to me and they bring me unimaginable joy every day.

I'm also thankful for the beauty of the setting we are in. God has blessed us with an amazing place to live and the time to enjoy it.

I don't know if you can tell or not, but in the bottom right corner is our dog Gus. I'm thankful for him. He's been a great dog and a fun friend for our kids. Earlier this year we thought he was going blind, but we were told he has juvenile cataracts. His eyesight has actually improved from that time and, while his vision is not normal, he's getting along just fine.

Finally, I'm thankful for holey jeans. A pair of jeans that has holes in them is one of the most comfortable things in the world. But that's not why I'm thankful for them. I am thankful because we have been blessed with everything we need - food, shelter, clothing, transportation - and even more than we need. God is good and I'm thankful.

No comments: