Friday, April 11, 2008

Buzz Cuts


Here's another series I'd like to start. It's called Buzz Cuts because one of the things my son, David, and I do together is get buzz cuts each spring, as seen above.
I'm having a little trouble talking him into it this year - I think he wants to keep his hair longer. Usually, it's just a one-time thing where we cut our hair once in the spring and then let it grow out again. I just need to figure out how to convince him that his hair will grow back quickly.
David is 3 years old. He was born on October 9, 2004, and our lives have never been the same.
His older sister Hanah, who will turn 6 on May 30, had to make the biggest adjustment upon his arrival, but we all have had to restructure our lives to accommodate this little guy. I don't mean this in a bad way because I would never want to go back to life without him.
David is very impulsive, very outspoken, very enthusiastic and very fun to be with.
In the past few months I have decided and made an effort to try to do more things with him, just the two of us. We've done some fishing and worked on some projects together, but I want to keep it up.
So, I'm going to try to use this series as a way of sharing our experiences, but also as a way of reminding me to think of things I can do with my son.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
derryprenkert said...

First off, who's grogal???

Second, the buzz cuts do look good. I say you wait till he's sleeping and just go for it.

Third, that kid has a great birthday.

Fourth, don't worry about Hanah. I'll still be able to be her youth pastor, and I will play the role of intimidator/ holy man/ enforcer during the "dark years"

Anonymous said...

awesome!
bribe the kid with something fun. a reward. make him think the haircut is his idea. that's what we do with our now-five-year-old. they look so golly gosh darned cute in the buzz. i was a fan of your longer hair 'do, but the buzz looks even better on you. what a fun "tradition."
sounds like little D rocked ur world (and hanah's!) much the same way our little guy rocked ours (and continues to do so!).
wow. i gotta get my kids to y'all's church so derry can work his magic in a few years. heck, he can work with our teenager NOW! ;-)