Thursday, April 24, 2008

Princess Diaries - I Can't Believe She's Going to be 6!

Here's the start of another new series. This one's about my daughter and it's called Princess Diaries because, well, she's a princess. And, right now, I wouldn't have it any other way. As she gets older, she may need to be broken of it.

Hanah turns 6 on May 30 and I'm going to try to use the 35 days I have between now and then to share some stories about her and to write some things I hope she'll read later in life and learn from them.

Today's post, however, is about how I cannot believe she's going to be 6. Seriously, what happened to the last 5 years?

Here's one indication of how old Hanah is getting and how she's not a "little" girl any more. She now has a sign on her doorway, in her own handwriting, that reads, "Ask Hanah Before You Come In Her Room." Can you believe that? Just so you know, I still don't ask before going in her room - but I probably will start in a few years!

Here's a picture of Hanah walking with her aunt Kim and Grandpa Weiss last weekend. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the way she is walking almost made me cry. She is becoming so independent, so able to do things without me or her mom, so grown up. I don't know how a walk can show all those things, but it did.



I hope you enjoy the Princess Diaries!

No comments: